Saturday, January 27, 2007

My 24th Birthday Review

So the birthday came and went. I am older but I don’t feel much different.

I truly enjoyed the day. Since I have been at work no one has had a celebration for their birthday they way they did for mine. I truly feel special.

I was bought lunch. I don’t even know what it is called but it tasted great! I know it had chicken in it. Muh friends at work decorated the training room – purple balloons and tablecloth. The cake was also purple. I wonder why they think I like purple so much? Could it be because of the colour of my car? *smile*

The surprise is funny though… We were talking about uniforms for the company and they had this puke looking yellow like when you’ve had bad curry, as a choice for materials. I am saying it isn’t even a consideration because it’s so ugly so they wasted one of our options. Then my friends said that I should join then in the training room where they’re going to talk with the HR lady. So I was distracted and not looking for the usual signs of a plan and then SURPRISE! I was truly blown away when I walked in.

After work we went to chill at a co-worker’s house. I left and came home to have dinner with my family and my mom got me another cake and there was wining and dining. Small and intimate. That was another pleasant surprise. So I did the family thing and went back to my co-worker’s house for the night.

It was a good day overall. Lots of little things. Little phone calls from people I did not expect. Lots of people forgot too but it doesn’t bother me like it used to. I was too busy enjoying the people who did remember. That’s a more optimistic life for ya! I hope I can keep it up for the rest of the year.

I even had incidents where my day was almost ruined. But you know what? I tried to separate myself from people like that. I was determined to not have my day ruined and good going for me too.

I’m happy to be 24. It’s a vast improvement over the last few years even just for the first day. Thank God for another Birthday and I hope that the happy trend will continue for the rest of this year and for hopefully the many more birthdays to come.

1 comment:

Curly Kid said...

Happy birthday. As a woman with a decade on you, I just say embrace every day and squeeze out all the joy and experience you can. Suck the marrow of life.