Sunday, January 07, 2007

First Post for 2k7

Sometimes things work a certain way and I am not too sure why, but I pray to GOD that someone out there knows why the things that happen the way they do, does – I’m sure.

So after reading that over and if you understand that sentence… let’s proceed. *smile*

I made a post explaining my frumpy mood and it disappeared. I am not sure how I tagged it as a draft but I was quite upset that it didn’t post. I was in no mood to do damage control and so I once again neglected my blog. I hope I am not this way as a parent… Needless to say I recovered the post and so I can now continue.

Merry Christmas!

Happy New Year!

… Better late than never…

My holidays were eventful – but eventful in my own boring way. I told someone I met recently that I tend to be boring and his response was that your life is what you make it. He's absolutely right and that is profound to me. Thanks AH. For 2007 I will make my life how I want it to be and no matter how it is, it's clearly what I am satisfied with, otherwise I would do something to change it because no one else can but me.
My Aunt came to visit for Christmas and she ended up staying in to the New Year. It’s always great to have her around. So the entire season was about family for me and I really enjoyed it like that. We took a trip around the east coast of the island. Did dinners. Watched movies. Played Uno – lol which incidentally were some of the longest rounds of Uno I have EVER played. It took us about four hours to finish one particularly engaging round.

In the back of my mind I have been mulling around with thoughts of the New Year and what I would like to share with you. That post will come eventually. But in the mean time I got this via a friend of mine in email and I think it’s great advice to any and every one for the upcoming year - there should be at least one thing in there that we can work on this year.
Don't date because you are desperate.
Don't marry because you are miserable.
Don't have kids because you think your genes are superior.
Don't philander because you think you are irresistible.
Don't associate with people you can't trust.
Don't cheat. Don't lie. Don't pretend.
Don't dictate because you are smarter.
Don't demand because you are stronger.
Don't sleep around because you think you are old enough and know better.
Don't hurt your kids because loving them is harder.
Don't sell yourself, your family, or your ideals.
Don't stagnate. Don't regress. Don't live in the past.
Time can't bring anything or anyone back.
Don't put your life on hold for possibly Mr/Mrs Right.
Don't throw your life away on absolutely Mr /Mrs Wrong because your biological clock is ticking.
Learn a new skill. Find a new friend. Start a new career.
Sometimes, there is no race to be won.
Only a price to be paid for some of life's more hasty decisions.
To terminate your loneliness, reach out to the homeless.
To feed your nurturing instincts, care for the needy.
Don't bring another life into this world for all the wrong reasons.
To make yourself happy, pursue your passions and be the best of what you can be.
Simplify your life. Take away the clutter.
Get rid of destructive elements: abusive friends, nasty habits, and dangerous liaisons.
Don't abandon your responsibilities but don't overdose on duty.
Don't live life recklessly without thought and feeling for your family.
Be true to yourself.
Don't commit when you are not ready.
Don't keep others waiting needlessly.
Go on that trip. Don't postpone it. Say those words.
Don't let the moment pass.
Do what you have to, even at society's scorn.
Write poetry. Love Deeply. Walk barefoot.
Dance with wild abandon.
Cry at the movies.
Take care of yourself.
Don't wait for someone to take care of you.
You light up your life.
You drive yourself to your destination.
No one completes you - except YOU.
It is true that life does not get easier with age.
It only gets more challenging.
Don't be afraid.
Don't lose your capacity to love.
Pursue your passions.
Live your dreams.
Don't lose faith in your God.
Don't grow old. Just grow YOU!

All the Best for 2k7!

No comments: