Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Things to Do

So the Christmas vibes continues and with it comes the happy homemaker syndrome. I have been toying with the idea of fixing up my room for a while. I need to inject some colour in to my life. All this almost came to fruition this weekend. However, due to inclement weather and closed stores it got postponed. So next weekend there will be painting and sewing and rearranging. Sounds like a lot of work but I am looking forward to it.

On another note – the Christmas Tree. So I went to Azmart and saw THE PERFECT TREE. I am so in love with it. It’s mostly red and gold and gorgeous. So I got this idea to get similar looking things to fix my tree up. At one point I was just tempted to buy the damn thing but J$50,000 is a little out of the budget. But I am so cautious to do my own tree now. I see what I like and if it isn’t even half way to where I want it to be I will be saddened and might even become obsessed about fixing it. LOL I guess it’s the perfectionist in me.

I came across this poem I thought was just so funny and I want to share it with you.

Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn’t sleep
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned -- the dark meat and white,
but I fought the temptation with all my might.
Tossing and turning with anticipation,
the thought of a snack became infatuation.
So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
till all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.
I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding and handful of pie.
But I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...
Happy eating to all -- pass the cranberries, please!
Author Unknown

LOL Next year I need to talk about all the exercises to do to get the holiday weight off. I wanna put a count down to Christmas on here too… I am doing it with my MSN. *grin* Then a countdown to the birthday. LOL Need some more interactivity here man!

Anyway… Peace out!

2 comments:

linxin-pei said...

That poem was really nice. Coul you please tell me where you came across it???

Mizkoncepcion said...

Thanks. It's in a newsletter that I subscribe to... but I subscribe to so many I don't quite remember which exactly. If I still have the email I will be sure to tell you.