Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hurricane Dean

So now we’re bracing ourselves for the first major Hurricane of this season in the Atlantic region. Already it has begun to rain here. The eye, where the storm is the most intense, will pass over the south of our island… which is where I live. It’s already begun to rain.


I know how hurricanes can be. This is my fourth one for experience – Gilbert, Andrew, Ivan and now Dean. I’ve been blessed and fortunate to not have suffered in any of the first three which are major renowned ones. Let’s hope luck is still on my side with Dean. We’ve also had some tailwinds from others that I am not counting – simply a tropical storm. All a part of living in the tropics.

Of course some communication will be limited. We will lose electricity and all other associated lifestyle comforts including water supply. All we can do is be as best prepared as possible to face the inevitable. No control… just hope and a prayer.

To all persons being touched my Dean, I wish you luck and Godspeed. If you weren’t a religiously inclined person before… I think it’s about time to start.

God have mercy on us.

No comments: